Click here to enable the accessibility widget for this website (Can also be opened using the Alt+9 Key)

Issue With This Marker?

Report an Issue
County: Jefferson

Early Blacksmith Shop

Marker Number: 

1766

Location: 

3612 Brownsboro Rd., Louisville

This historic property has served as a blacksmith shop, wagon making shop and general store. Begun by John and Barbara Bauer in 1870, their businesses flourished here, on a main turnpike to Louisville, and finally in 1918 evolved into the Bauer family restaurant. This building was erected 1868-1869. Renovated in 1984.

Subjects: