Click here to enable the accessibility widget for this website (Can also be opened using the Alt+9 Key)

Open Records Request

Most records held by the Kentucky Historical Society are available without the need for filing an Open Records Request. Click here to submit a request for historical, legal, and/or genealogical research from the Kentucky Historical Society.

To receive records maintained by and in the custody of the Kentucky Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet (TAHC), Kentucky Historical Society (KHS), please submit your request in writing, identifying the specific records sought. Please be sure to provide your name, address, and daytime telephone number in the event we need to contact you. All requests for records must be signed by the requestor. 

Click here to download the Open Records Request form.

You may send your request by mail, fax or email to:

General Counsel

Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet

Office of Legal Affairs

500 Mero Street, Fifth Floor

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601

Phone: (502) 564-4270

Fax: (502) 564-1079


TAHC has five (5) business days from the date of receipt to respond to an open records request. If the documents requested are not available for release within five (5) days, a response will be provided informing the requestor of the approximate date on which the requested documents will be available for inspection.