Click here to enable the accessibility widget for this website (Can also be opened using the Alt+9 Key)

Issue With This Marker?

Report an Issue
County: Mason

Williamsburg/Orangeburg

Marker Number: 

2001

Location: 

Orangeburg, Main St., KY 1234 & 1449

Established as Williamsburg, 1796. Named for John Williams, co-founder with Moses Bennett and Harry Parker. Village located on Stone Lick Creek, along Cabin Creek War Road, a main path into central Ky. for early pioneers. Name changed to Orangeburg in 1836, to honor a leading citizen, Providence Orange Pickering; town incorporated, 1860.

Erected in October 1997.

Subjects: