Click here to enable the accessibility widget for this website (Can also be opened using the Alt+9 Key)

Issue With This Marker?

Report an Issue
County: Whitley

Roburn Hall

Marker Number: 

2100

Location: 

Main St., Williamsburg, KY

Built in 1888 as the first building of Williamsburg Institute. First known as the "Institute," then an "Old Recitation Building." The land purchased for $800; contractor was J. A. Cooley. The $12,500 building served 200 pupils. First classes, Jan. 1889. Renovated in 1928 for girls' dormitory and named Roburn Hall; extensive renovation, 1993. Presented by Cumberland College.

Dedicated April 24, 2003.

Subjects: