When you give a gift of at least $40 to the KHS Foundation, you automatically become a KHS member. Gifts directly benefit our mission, allowing us to help prepare Kentuckians for the future through knowledge of the past. Click here to give and become a member.
Whether your interest in history is a lifelong passion or an occasional pastime, we believe your primary benefit of being a KHS member is knowing that you are helping to support the continued preservation and exploration of Kentucky history. But there are other benefits, too.
- Complimentary admissions for member plus one guest to KHS history campus, including:
- Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History
- Kentucky Military History Museum at the State Arsenal
- Old State Capitol
- Martin F. Schmidt Research Library
- Online access to:
- Kentucky Ancestors
- The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society* through Project Muse
- Invitations to members-only events, exhibition openings and programs
- Discounted fees for professional research in the Martin F. Schmidt Research Library
- Discounted admission to select KHS-sponsored events
- Two admissions for the price of one to Kentucky State Parks historic sites
- 10% discount in the Stewart Home School 1792 Store at the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History
- 20% discount on KHS and University Press of Kentucky publications
- Time Travelers Network
- *Print issues of The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society are available through a separate $40 subscription. Click here for information.
The Kentucky Historical Society, an agency of the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet, is fully accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.