When you give a gift of at least $40 to the KHS Foundation, you automatically become a Kentucky Historical Society member. Gifts directly benefit our mission, allowing us to help prepare Kentuckians for the future through knowledge of the past. Click here to give and become a member.
Whether your interest in history is a lifelong passion or an occasional pastime, we believe your primary benefit of being a KHS member is knowing that you are supporting the continued preservation and exploration of Kentucky history. But there are other benefits, too:
- Complimentary admissions for member plus one guest to the Kentucky History Center and Museums
- Online access to:
- Kentucky Ancestors Online
- The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society* through Project Muse
- Invitations to members-only events, exhibition openings and programs
- Discounted fees for professional research in the Martin F. Schmidt Research Library
- Discounted admission to select KHS-sponsored events
- Two admissions for the price of one to Kentucky State Parks historic sites
- 10% discount in the Stewart Home & School 1792 Museum Store
- 20% discount on KHS and University Press of Kentucky publications
- Time Travelers Network
- *Print issues of The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society are available through a separate $40 subscription plus tax for individuals; $60 plus tax (or provide documentation of tax exempt status) for universities, libraries or organizations. Click here for information.
The Kentucky Historical Society, an agency of the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet, is fully accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
Contact the KHS Foundation (502) 782-8130 with questions or concerns.