The Kentucky Historical Society has been collecting artifacts since the 1800s. Of the nearly 100,000 artifacts we care for, you can access more than 95,000 of them online. Check back often. We add more weekly.
How to Search
Searches are not case sensitive.
- Search by Keyword to search all fields.
- Use Advanced search to narrow your search to a specific field.
- Use the Random Images, Archives or Objects features to browse the collection.
- To connect words, OR between them (e.g. a search for Daniel Boone will return records associated with Daniel OR Boone).
- To find records where both words are included, type AND between the two words.
- To search for a specific phrase, put the phrase in quotes (e.g. “Louisville Southern Exhibition”).
- Use the asterisk (*) as a wildcard (e.g. a search for histor* would come up with records containing history, histories, historical, etc.).
Download a Collections Duplication Request form to order an image. Submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Borrow an Artifact: If your institution is interested in borrowing artifacts from the Kentucky Historical Society, click here.