The Kentucky Historical Society has been collecting artifacts since the 1800s. We care for over 106,000 artifacts, and you can access our entire collection online. Check back often. We add more weekly.
How to Search
Searches are not case sensitive.
- Search by Keyword to search all fields.
- Use Advanced search to narrow your search to a specific field.
- The Churchill Weavers Archive consists of both archival and artifact materials. To search these holdings, use the Advanced search.
- Churchill Weavers was started in 1922 by David Carroll and Eleanor Churchill in Berea, Kentucky. The company produced luxury hand-woven fabrics such as throws, baby blankets, ties, wraps and commissioned art pieces. In 1973, Lila and Richard Bellando bought the business from Mrs. Churchill. Churchill Weavers closed in 2007. The collection includes museum artifacts such as looms, fabric samples, finished woven pieces and designs, as well as archival materials such as photographs, account ledgers, advertisement materials, business records and films.
- To connect words, OR between them (e.g. a search for Daniel Boone will return records associated with Daniel OR Boone).
- To find records where both words are included, type AND between the two words.
- To search for a specific phrase, put the phrase in quotes (e.g. “Louisville Southern Exhibition”).
- Use the asterisk (*) as a wildcard (e.g. a search for histor* would come up with records containing history, histories, historical, etc.).