The Kentucky Historical Society has been collecting artifacts since the 1800s. We care for over 106,000 artifacts, and you can access our entire collection online. Check back often. We add more weekly.
How to Search
Searches are not case sensitive.
- Search by Keyword to search all fields.
- Use Advanced search to narrow your search to a specific field.
- Use the Random Images, Archives or Objects features to browse the collection.
- To connect words, OR between them (e.g. a search for Daniel Boone will return records associated with Daniel OR Boone).
- To find records where both words are included, type AND between the two words.
- To search for a specific phrase, put the phrase in quotes (e.g. “Louisville Southern Exhibition”).
- Use the asterisk (*) as a wildcard (e.g. a search for histor* would come up with records containing history, histories, historical, etc.).