Love Family History? Kentucky Ancestors Town Hall is for You
Family historians and people who love a good story will not want to miss the Kentucky Ancestors Town Hall, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., June 24 at the Kentucky Historical Society (KHS), 100 W. Main St., Frankfort.
Chocked full of activities, Kentucky Ancestors Town Hall allows people to drop in for a little while or stay all day.
There will be three opportunities to be part of the audience at the taping of a TV pilot on Kentucky genealogy. Audience members can watch as guests learn from the experts about their Kentucky family mysteries.
D. Joshua Taylor, a star of PBS’s “Genealogy Roadshow” will help reveal the stories to families and will have a separate Q&A session.
The day also will offer opportunities to
- Get information from Kentucky genealogy groups and experts at the genealogy expo
- Learn how to do family research
- Learn about resources available to family historians
- Find out from KHS curators what that mysterious family heirloom really is (Sorry, no appraisals. Our curators recommend that you bring no more than three small items, to allow time and space for them to serve everyone.)
- Learn about membership in lineage societies over a box lunch (additional charge; limited to 20 people)
Tickets are available for purchase in advance or at the day of the event. Through June 21, admission is $10 for the general public and $4 for KHS members. Admission on June 24 will be $15 for the general public and $6 for KHS members. These prices apply to all KHS visitors on June 24.
Pre-registration and an additional $15 is required for the Lineage Society box lunch.
To order advance tickets, or register for the Lineage Society box lunch, call 502-564-1792, ext. 4408.
The Kentucky Ancestors Town Hall is part of the Kentucky Historical Society's June lineup of activities celebrating Boone Day and Kentucky’s 225th birthday.