The Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History, the Old State Capitol and the Kentucky Military History Museum are accessible to people with physical disabilities.
Accessibility features can be found throughout the Kentucky Historical Society campus and include:
- Entrance ramps and designated handicap parking (click here for maps)
- Automatic door openers (Kentucky History Center)
- Free manual wheelchair loans
In an effort to provide a comfortable museum experience for all visitors, sensory backpacks are available for loan at the welcome desk of the Kentucky History Center. Our backpacks include a weighted plush pet, noise-reducing headphones, sunglasses, and more to help young learners on the autism spectrum experience the museum.
Our museum guides have been translated into both Spanish and Japanese and are available at the welcome desk of the Kentucky History Center, or for download below.
- Kentucky History Center – Spanish
- Old State Capitol – Spanish
- Seek and Find – Spanish
- Kentucky History Center – Japanese
- Old State Capitol – Japanese
If you have any questions about accessibility prior to your visit, please contact visitor services at (502) 564-1792.