National History Day in Kentucky is the ultimate project-based learning experience!
National History Day in Kentucky (NHDKY) is an annual learning competition for students in grades 4-12. Driven by curiosity, imagination, and innovation, NHDKY empowers students to express themselves through a historical topic they are passionate about. This hands-on experience focuses on the autonomy and creativity of each student as they research a topic of their choice, interpret its relevancy to our lives today, and display what they learned through a variety of platforms. The judging portion of the competition gives students the opportunity to serve as advocates of their work, which offers real-world experience in building confidence and conviction. Each year, KHS creates a coalition of judges across the state to be ambassadors of history in this rewarding student experience that benefits all, inside and outside the classroom.
Join the Over 4,000 Students and 45 Educators Already Participating in NHDKY!
2023 Contest Dates
- Region 1 – Murray State University, March 11, 2023
- Region 2 – Grayson County, March 10, 2023
- Region 3 – University of Louisville, March 18, 2023
- Region 4 – Eastern Kentucky University, March 4, 2023
- Region 5 – Morehead State University, March 25, 2023
- Region 6 – Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College, March 24, 2023
- State Competition – University of Kentucky, April 22, 2023