Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History
Your Kentucky history experience awaits you.
Immerse yourself in Kentucky history – starting at the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History. Our headquarters covers nearly a whole block in historic downtown Frankfort providing ample opportunities for you to get involved in Kentucky history both inside – and outside:
- Tour “A Kentucky Journey” and discover the stories of the people, places and events of Kentucky history – including a little mystery and intrigue.
- Conduct scholarly research or discover your own family’s history in the Martin F. Schmidt Library. Need help? Our professional staff will point the way.
- Learn about the governors and Kentucky politics in the Kentucky Hall of Governors, a portrait gallery and interactive exhibit that allows you to get behind the rumors and myths to find the facts about the people who have held Kentucky’s highest office.
- Purchase a Kentucky keepsake or book from the Stewart Home School 1792 Store.
- Relax in the tranquil and secluded Cralle-Day Garden (one of three locations we have available for rental).