Kentucky Oral History Commission Resources
Kentucky Oral History Repositories and Programs
- University of Kentucky Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History
- University of Louisville Oral History Center
- Kentucky Folklife Program at Western Kentucky University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Morehead State University
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Northern Kentucky University
- Murray State University
- Conducting an Oral History (PDF)
- KOHC Interview Release Form (PDF)
KOHC Marantz pmd 660 Digital Recorder Troubleshooting Guide (PDF)
This guide provides a quick list of references for Marantz pmd 660 Digital Recorder users. It includes troubleshooting tips when you are having problems with your recorder and the preferred settings when using this equipment for the Kentucky Oral History Commission archives.
Nationwide Oral History Organizations and Institutes
- Oral History Association
- Columbia Center for Oral History Research
- Columbia Center for Oral History Archives
- UCLA Center for Oral History Research
- Baylor Institute for Oral History
- Southern Oral History Project
- Cantigny First Division Oral Histories at Ball State University
Legalities and Ethics of Oral History
- “Doing Oral History,” Donald A. Ritchie. 2nd ed. 2003. Oxford University Press.
- “The Oral History Manual,” Barbara W. Sommer and Mary Kay Quinlan. 2nd ed. 2010. AltaMira Press.
- “The Oxford Handbook of Oral History,” Don A. Ritchie. 2011. Oxford University Press.
- “Handbook of Oral History,” edited by Thomas L. Charlton, Lois E. Meyers and Rebecca Sharpless. 2006. AltaMira Press.
- “Dialogue with the Past: Engaging Students and Meeting Standards through Oral History,” Glenn Whitman. 2004. AltaMira Press.
- An Oral Historian’s Work with Edward D. Ives. 1987. Sheldon Weiss Productions. (DVD)
- “Community Oral History Toolkit,” Nancy MacKay, Mary Kay Quinlin and Barbara W. Sommer. 2013. Left Coast Press.