Kentucky Junior Historical Society
History is fun when students approach it with a group, get involved in research and discovery, put their hands on historic objects and go out into the community to learn history close-to-home.
The Kentucky Junior Historical Society allows all of these opportunities.
Kentucky Junior Historical Society Membership
KJHS is open to any Kentucky student in grades K-12. Annual dues are $10 per student.
2016-17 KJHS Membership Benefits
- Club T-shirt
- Discounted registration for 2016 KJHS fall meeting Nov. 10 in Frankfort (clubs must be started and have paid dues before Oct. 1 to receive this benefit)
- Teacher handbook with updated activities
For more information, contact Cheryl Caskey by email or call 502-564-1792.
KJHS Quick Facts
- Kentucky students in grades K-12 are eligible to join.
- Annual membership costs $10 per student.
- Membership benefits include a free T-shirt, discounts to attend the KJHS annual conference, free KHS education staff visits and workshops and a teacher’s handbook with new activities.
- You decide how frequently to meet, how to conduct your meetings and your governance system.
- KJHS is a school club or group and is not the same as National History Day in Kentucky. NHDKy is a program that prepares students to participate in regional, state and national NHD competition. KHS is the NHD coordinator for Kentucky. NHDKy is one activity that KJHS groups can choose to do.