KHS Collections Corner: Storage Reorganization Update!
The Museum Collections and Exhibitions team is still hard at work on the storage reorganization project. We thought we’d update you with a few new numbers and photos showing our progress:
- Over 6,800 artifacts have been packed into boxes for temporary storage.
- MC&E moved over 55 cabinets and 12 storage units for textiles.
- Over 1,480 textile boxes containing 3,290 artifacts were moved twice! The first time was to clear the shelves to be moved and the second time was to put them on the shelves in their new location.
- Over 25 pieces of furniture and farm equipment were relocated to another area of storage.
- That means over 10,000 objects have been moved this summer!
We have just entered the unpacking phase, which will take place over the next few months. This has been a long and exhausting process but we are looking forward to the benefits. The new storage layout will give us growth room for our textile collections, make furniture and farm equipment easier to access and provide us with a more organized collection.
Deborah Rose Van Horn, Registrar[gdl_gallery title=”Storage Reorganization Blog 2″ width=”200″ height=”20