History is fun when students approach it with a group, get involved in research and discovery, put their hands on historic objects and go out into the community to learn history close-to-home.
The Kentucky Junior Historical Society allows all of these opportunities.
KJHS is open to any Kentucky student in grades K-12. Annual dues are $10 per student.
- Club T-shirt
- Discounted registration for 2016 KJHS fall meeting Nov. 10 in Frankfort (clubs must be started and have paid dues before Oct. 1 to receive this benefit)
- Teacher handbook with updated activities
- Download the registration form (PDF).
- Complete it.
- Return it with dues payment to the address on the form by Oct. 1, 2016.
2016 Fall Meeting
Theme: Kentucky Governors: Taking a Stand
Date: Thursday, Nov. 10, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort
- Registered KJHS sponsors*: Free
- Registered KJHS student members*: $5
- Chaperones*: $5
- Non-members (students, teachers and chaperones): $10
*To receive these rates, clubs and individuals must be registered KJHS members by Oct. 1, 2016
- Guided tours of the Old State Capitol, former Governor's Mansion and a special governors-themed behind-the-scenes tour of the KHS collections.
- Self-guided tours of A Kentucky Journey and the Hall of Governors exhibits
- A governors scavenger hunt and governor-themed history bowl
Lunch is not provided, but students will be able to eat their lunches on site.
Download the registration form, complete it and send it with payment to KHS. Registration deadline is Oct. 10. Clubs interested in participating in History Bowl also need to register for that event at the same time. (Download the form.)
For more information, contact Cheryl Caskey by email or call 502-564-1792.