History is fun when students approach it with a group, get involved in research and discovery, put their hands on historic objects and go out into the community to learn history close-to-home.
The Kentucky Junior Historical Society allows all of these opportunities.
KJHS is open to any Kentucky student in grades K-12. Annual dues are $10 per student.
- Club T-shirt
- Discounted registration for 2016 KJHS fall meeting Nov. 10 in Frankfort (clubs must be started and have paid dues before Oct. 1 to receive this benefit)
- Teacher handbook with updated activities
2016 Fall Meeting
Theme: Kentucky Governors: Taking a Stand
Date: Thursday, Nov. 10, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort
- Guided tours of the Old State Capitol, former Governor's Mansion and a special governors-themed behind-the-scenes tour of the KHS collections.
- Self-guided tours of A Kentucky Journey and the Hall of Governors exhibits
- A governors scavenger hunt and governor-themed history bowl
Lunch is not provided, but students will be able to eat their lunches on site.
Registration has closed.
For more information, contact Cheryl Caskey by email or call 502-564-1792.