The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is a state agency and membership organization that is fully accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The KHS mission is to engage people in the exploration of the commonwealth’s diverse heritage by providing connections to the past, perspective on the present and inspiration for the future.
We currently are seeking candidates for the following position:
DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
The Kentucky Historical Society is seeking a Digital Media Specialist. This person will be responsible for helping develop and maintain KHS’s social media and web presence, as well as overseeing the society’s graphic design needs. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, this position is part designer and part futurist. As such, this person must have a passion for social media and for exploring new forms of communication, but also be able to sort through the “bells and whistles” and help guide the KHS in developing an innovative, yet solid social media platform that meets the needs of its diverse audiences. This person is encouraged to think outside the arena of the job description and not be afraid to offer new ideas that bolster the KHS mission.
The successful candidate will:
- have a strong user understanding and demonstrated expertise in Web and social media content, usability, planning and design.
- be self-motivated.
- be able to communicate effectively both in person and in writing.
- have a strong attention to detail.
- be able to work under tight deadlines.
- have a proven ability to juggle multiple projects.
- have a demonstrated ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- understand how to work creatively to deliver the highest quality of experiences to diverse audiences.
- an understanding of and ability to create or oversee print design projects is desirable, but optional.
- BA in Digital Media, Graphic Design, Interaction Design or related degree and at least 2 years experience managing content and production for high traffic websites and other social media platforms; and
- demonstrated skills using Adobe Creative Suite; and
- knowledge of HTML, WordPress and/or other popular content management systems.
This is a full-time position based in Frankfort, Kentucky. Annual salary is $37,008 – $45,000, depending on experience. Benefits include health and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, holiday pay, free parking, state retirement and optional deferred compensation plan.
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: April 1, 2014.
If you are looking for internships, please visit the internships page.
If you would like to volunteer, please visit the volunteer page.