Current Employment Opportunities
Online Access Administrator
The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is a state agency and membership organization that is fully accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The KHS mission is to educate and engage the public through Kentucky history in order to confront the challenges of the future.
KHS is seeking an Online Access Administrator. The position facilitates and promotes online access to and use of the collections of the Kentucky Historical Society. This includes planning and implementation of new access technology and the management and support of legacy access technologies, managing library automation activities and ensuring their integration into the overall agency information systems.
The Online Access Administrator manages agency efforts to maintain and improve digital access to KHS collections; provides technical direction in library systems management, cataloging and digitization; maintains the ILS and all sites providing digital access to KHS collections; supports legacy access technologies, automation activities and ensures their integration into the overall agency information systems; manages the planning and implementation of new technology; works closely with all staff to develop and implement cataloging and digitization processes, procedures and workflows. Trains staff, interns and volunteers involved in various levels of collections access technology and serves as a resource for specialized research services, and participates in public presentations, tours and new media programs aimed at increasing collection access.
- Masters degree in Library Science or Information Systems Administration, or in a related field.
- 4 years experience working with automated access systems in a library or archival setting.
- Excellent people and presentation skills. Ability to speak with diverse groups of people in both formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library information technology standards, protocols, issues, and trends.
- Proven knowledge of library management software and systems, and collections management systems (Past Perfect, OCLC, ContentDM)
- Experience in developing and implementing web and database applications.
- Knowledge of content management systems (WordPress, Drupal)
Annual salary is $38,000. Benefits include paid health and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, holiday pay, state retirement and optional deferred compensation plan. This is a full-time position based in Frankfort.
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Application deadline is February 5, 2016. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
If you are looking for internships, please visit the internships page.
If you would like to volunteer, please visit the volunteer page.
The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is a state agency and membership organization that is fully accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Our mission is to educate and engage the public through Kentucky history in order to confront the challenges of the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D.