Current Employment Opportunities
Facilities Specialist (interim position)
The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is a dynamic, mission-driven organization dedicated to educating and engaging the public through Kentucky history in order to confront the challenges of the future. A state agency and membership organization, we are fully accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
KHS seeks a successful and enthusiastic Facilities Specialist in an Interim capacity to assist the Facilities and Security Administrator in the day-to-day facility, security and safety needs of the KHS campus while ensuring a positive experience and high standard of customer service. This includes event preparation, set up and running of audio/visual equipment during rentals and special events.
The selected candidate will provide outstanding customer service that meet quality expectations and outcomes. This is a temporary (less than 9 months) position that will work 37.5 hours per week. There is a possibility that it will become a full-time position.
- Assist in the day-to-day facility, security and safety needs of the KHS campus
- Assist with prep for facilities rentals and special events
- Run audio and video equipment during rentals and special events, as needed
- Manage relationships with event sponsors, contractors, key leaders/volunteers and other individuals responsible for successful events
- Propose ideas to improve quality of provided services and events
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Education/Experience – A high school diploma is required; a college degree is preferred.
- Computer Skills – Comprehensive computer skills including internet, word processing, database management, spreadsheets, and email use. Proficiency in operating audio and video equipment.
- Communication – The ability to write and communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and outside vendors is required.
- Work Environment – Must be able to manage multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Physical Demands – Must be able to lift materials of up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods. Must be able to do various repetitive motion actions.
Salary is $14.00/hour. This is an Interim (less than 9 months) position that is located in Frankfort, Kentucky. Benefits are not included.
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Application deadline is April 14, 2017.
If you are looking for internships, please visit the internships page.
If you would like to volunteer, please visit the volunteer page.
The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is a state agency and membership organization that is fully accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Our mission is to educate and engage the public through Kentucky history in order to confront the challenges of the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D.